Saturday, February 4, 2012

Extinguished by an Old Flame

On my way to my divorce, I have been trying to rekindle old friendships I have had through the years. When a former fiance of mine popped up on Facebook as someone I might want to friend, I said what the heck. About 30 years ago this beautiful woman decided 6 weeks before our wedding that she just didn't love me enough to marry me. Later, she said she had made a mistake, but I had already moved on and things did not end well. Looking back, it would probably have been my first divorce.

Anyway, I sent her a message asking her if I could "friend" her and received this response:

"Too early. Check with me again in another 30 years."

I suddenly remembered her sarcasm was something I always appreciated.

I responded that she would hear from me again when I am 90. By then, I will have graduated from Senior Dating Sites to Elderly Dating Sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It is being reviewed to make sure it is not spam or any other form of lunch meat prior to being posted.